Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Couple of Card Sets


Anyone who knows me well knows I love "sets" of things. I also love boxes or containers - so you put the 2 things together and add some cardstock, rubber stamps and ink - this is the sort of thing you end up with!

This set was made before I joined the Stampin' Up team. I had ordered the Rich Regals mixed cardstock and the Garden Whimsy stamp set. I had also found a great little tutorial for this 3"x3" Note Card Box on Splitcoaststampers. I decided to challenge myself with colours I wouldn't usually use together - Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard and Old Olive. I inked the box with Versamark and decided it was a little too light - so used the only other inkpad I had for the cards that was a close match - Really Rust! A bit of cuttlebug embossing, a few pearl stick on embellisments and some punching with the scallop punch and circle punch and I was done. I wasn't completely sure if I liked the combination at first so I put it away for a bit before I decided it wasn't too bad!http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/3x3notecardbox/

This next set is one of several I have made over the past few weeks. Firstly because I just love the little Double Pocket Bag, and secondly because my son's school is having a fete next month and 2 of my dear friends are running the craft stall. The Double Pocket Bag tutorial comes from the Spiltcoaststampers website and the cards are cut at 4"x width of A4, and then folded in half. You can easily fit 6 to a bag - I first saw the idea to pop the cards in the bag when Yvonne Campbell showed her version at the workshop she was doing for me before I joined her team. I used the Season of Joy stamp set with the Holiday Harmony DP. The colours are Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, Very Vanilla and River Rock.
I'll post pictures of another set soon using the Festive Favorites stamp set and the Holiday Harmony DP again.

1 comment:

Sam said...

these cards sets are adorable Debbie! Nice work :-).

Sam.