Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Sun's Out!


We've had a few lovely sunny days here in Melbourne recently - and it coincided with me receiving the Oh, So Lovely hostess set. These are simple and elegant stamps and look great with a little bit of colour. I had some Blue Bayou cardstock cut to card size, and some leftover Sky Blue and Old Olive card from a class I had run recently. I didn't want the colour scheme to be the same as the one on "My First Card!" so I hopped on the Colour Combos website and plugged in my 3 colours. There were lots of combinations to choose but I was intrigued by the use of Pumpkin Pie so off I went - and this is what I came up with. I really like the way the Pumpkin Pie makes the card look vibrant - just right for those sunny days. The white butterflies from the Sprinkles stamp set just add to the feel of Spring. I stamped the sentiment from the Short and Sweet set - I originally used white but thought it looked a little lost. I was going to re-stamp in Blue Bayou but wanted to see if it would stand out better so I stamped it near the white to compare. I managed to just offset the colours and really liked the look - so no more stamping was needed! The Sky Blue cardstock was run through the crimper to add a little texture - I do like texture!

No comments: