Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

KWerner Color Challenge #32


Hooray - it's time for another Kristina Werner challenge - I was really upset to have missed the last one - the colours were just my style. Although I really can't complain about missing it as I was in Singapore on holiday with my family - not too much of a hardship. I may try the colours later anyway!

Having just gotten back from Asia 2 nights ago I decided these colours would adapt beautifully to an Asian style card - very traditional. I know I should be thinking Christmas card, but I needed a bit of a break from them!!! And there are some real beauties out there in challenge land!! Check out Kristina's blog for links! http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/index.html

Kristina had said we could change the Sahara Sand out for a metallic - so I went with gold embossed flowers on the fan and Brushed Gold cardstock under the Very Vanilla fan. The flowers were stamped from the Eastern Blooms set - only a couple of days to go for the Summer Mini : ) , and the sentiment was from the Artfully Asian set. I also used my Cuttlebug to add texture to the Whisper White card. The Real Red fan blades were made by running a scrap of card through my mini desktop shredder - a much finer shred than a standard traditional shredder - I couldn't think how else to cut such fine strips. I also made a mini tassle from some red DMC embroidery thread - one good thing about being a crafter - there's usually something useful in the craft cupboard if needed!!! The little medallion on the fan was made by embossing a flower onto card and the punching out a 1/2" circle from it - you don't need to use the whole flower to get the effect you need.

I have made the card with Real Red instead of Riding Hood Red - I don't actually have any Riding Hood Red CS so please excuse the change!

10 comments:

Kellie said...

What a beautiful card Debbie, I just love what you have done!

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the style of this card... very pretty!

Heather M said...

Beautiful Card! You did a GREAT job. :)

Hope you had a wonderful holiday in Singapore. I loved our time there. :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Debbie, What a beautiful card. How clever you are to think of making a fan! I just love Asian themed cards!
So glad you enjoyed your holiday and made it safely home again!

Cheers, Jean

Ramona Michaluk said...

Gorgeous card Debbie - what fantastic ideas in the creation and the effect is brilliant !

Liam said...

Beautiful work! very creative i hope you enjoyed your little getaway to Singapore.

regards

Liam

Leonie said...

Ahhh, so cute, what a very special card :)

Anonymous said...

The girls are thinking way out of the box this week and there are tons of winners as far as I can see, but this is extraordinarily beautiful and unique....nicely done!~Donna

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love the fan with the gold-embossed flowers!

Lisa R said...

What a fantastic idea! Love the card.