Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cuttlebug Be inspired #16

The Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge this week was to add distress to your creation! I think I may have gone a bit overboard when I tried to dry the edges of the Very Vanilla rolled edges off with my heat gun and started melting the ribbon though! After my initial hissy fit I decided it added a quirky touch and decided to distress/melt more of the ribbon! Sometimes our mistakes can work out - LOL. I used the retired Always set to stamp the heart and 3 flowers. I ran the heart through my Tiny Bubbles folder and then used my bone folder to flatten the bubbles off - this made the CS very pliable and a bit leathery. The Real Red layer was given torn edges, went through my Swiss Dots folder and then the dots were sanded back. The Very Vanilla layer was given torn edges before going through my Divine Swirls folder. I then wet these torn edges and rolled them back a bit. The 3 flowers were cut out and covered with Crystal Effects before being popped on with Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Short and Sweet.


I must apologise for not posting over the past few days - the heat wave in Melbourne (we've broken records!!) really sapped my energy and dried up those creative juices. I was also struggling to organise a party for last night in the heat! Here's a little picture from the night - our 25th anniversay - thank goodness the temperature dropped as we were planning on spritzing our guest with tank water at regular intervals if necessary - LOL.

13 comments:

Kellie said...

firstly I was going to send you a message to wish you luck on your big night but it slipped my mind....Can I blame the heat? I am so glad you had a wonderful time, you looked gorgeous! And now to the card. I love it, melted ribbon and all, lol. I think it give a great effect and when I first looked at it before reading I never knew.
Take Care Chooken xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Debbie! I cannot really see all the distressing from the photo, but it sounds very distressed. Ange :)

PS gotta love the heatwave, and don't forget the power blackout!

Mrs J said...

Beautiful card Debbie, all distressd perfectly, even the ribbon lol! Love all the techniques and embossing folders you've used, they have all made for a gorgeous creation.
Thanks for taking part this week at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx
P.S. Happy Anniversary! And can we have some of your heat here in the UK - we're forecast snow :( !

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm chuckling right now, after reading your post, Debbie! I can relate to both taking a crafting mistake and turning it into a plus, AND dealing with wretched heat! Speaking of heat guns, I burned my carpet once...no way to make that a plus. {LOL} Anyway, your tattered ribbon is wonderful!

And congrats on 25 years of marriage! I celebrate mine in July. And by then we'll be back in the wretched heat of the summer like you are now. Keep on spritzing!

Christy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card...so pretty :)

Meda said...

Wow! Now that is what I call distressing.
Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Stamp and Smile said...

Love your post today! Your card looks so fun and DIVINE as the distressing look is done very well! I like the ribbon as it adds interest. (And yes, I had to chuckle when I read that part on melting the ribbon.) I have done “Stranger" things in my paper crafting career! (But we won’t talk about it!) YIKERS!

Lovely photo of you and the hubby! Con'grats on “25 years” and the party looks fun! (We're going on 18 years this coming August.) Love is in the air!!! Hugs... Michelle :)

Leigh said...

I'm glad it cooled down a bit for your party Debbie. Great distressed card.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Hi Debbie, firstly Congratulations on your special Anniversary - you both look really happy. Hope you both had a fantastic night and are looking forward to your next anniversaries as you cruise along to your next Matrimonial Milestone!!

I love your card, melted bits and all - yes, sometimes our bloopers are a chance for inspiration in a new direction. Great idea for this card and love all the different elements.
Great job on creating something in our heatwave - I felt too stuffed to stamp !! LOL

Ali Watson said...

Great card Debbie and that heart is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug Challenge.

Lea L. said...

Very pretty....I love that the ribbon also looks distressed!! Great job with the Cuttlebug challenge this week!


~Lea

Kristine said...

Turned out really cute! and yet elegant too--love those colors and of course your cuttlebugged papers :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv luv the colour combo
Maggie
You will be featured on http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
on 2/5/o9