Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nicole's Sweet 16

I have a good friend who loves House Mouse stamps (Hi Deb!) - so when her lovely daughter turned 16 there really was no other choice but to use one of their stamps on the card. I had also told Leigh at 'Cause I'm Me that with her and Jean's gorgeous House Mouse cards I was almost afraid to post one - LOL. She sent me an email letting me know she'd love to see one on my blog, so this is for her too.

I decided to make it teenage friendly with some bright colours and funky flowers. I used Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant and Lavender Lace. Of course my Cuttlebug got a work out too - I cut all the flowers and numbers using Cuttlebug Dies, and the main image was cut and layered using my Nestabilities. The background was also embossed using my Divine Swirls folder. I blinged it up with some coloured rhinestones and Dazzling Diamonds frosting on the cupcake.

I was really happy with how it turned out - and got a lovely text from the birthday girl - so it was smiles all around!!!

HAPPY SWEET 16 NICOLE

7 comments:

Kellie said...

I would be happy with that to Deb it's gorgeous as always, Can I let you know when my birthday is?? I want one too, hehe.

YAY convention here we come!

xx

Jean McKenzie said...

My heavens Debbie!! I will have to watch it here - I am in grave danger of losing my crown LOL! Seriously though - I love your card, love the image, the funky colours and flowers and the great shading you have used on the cupcake!! Can't wait to see more Mousie cards from you!! I have been slack - no very busy for the last few days so no stamping - waaaah. I hope to meet you at convention!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Debbie, I'm sooooo happy on how your card turned out too!! Just a fun color mix, and the "FUNKY" flowers make it for a 16 year old birthday... LOL! And the CB embossing is PERFECT!!! Great coloring too... I love the inspiration you pass on. Have a super day!! Smiles and Hugs... Michelle :)

Leigh said...

Debbie, I love this card. You've done well. The colours are perfect for a teenager and so are the flowers.
The stamp is fabulous too. I like the way you've done your patty case colours and the flame from the candle.

Anonymous said...

Terrific Debbie !! I've got a sweet 16 card to make this year too- Hope mine turns out as "funky" as yours!!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Another fantastic card Debbie - this is perfect for a young lady of 16. The colours are lovely and bright, the little mice are so cute and your embossed panel and scalloped circles add to the WOW factor. You're amazing!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I tell ya, Mouse House is a winner every time, and this card is perfect for a young lady. Lucky girl!

Hugs, Lisa