Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Midnight Madness Inspiration Challenge #8


Paula from Precioso Designs has set a wonderful challenge this week - a theme I feel really at home with - Asian Gardens. I was lucky enough to live in Singapore for 2 1/2 years and this time in Asia gave me a love of Asian art and the meditative atmosphere of Asian inspired gardens. Recently the father of one of my son's friends told me my house was more Asian than his - he's Chinese!!!


Paula's garden is Japanese - but the feel of reflection and relaxation is symbolic in most Asian gardens. I decided this little fella looked like he was enjoying a nice quiet mouse moment. He went soo well with the fabulous sentiment from Artfully Asian. I popped him under some "cherry blossom" branches - these are from the Embrace Life set, as is the "bamboo". These elements are often found in Asian Gardens, there is even some bamboo in the inspiration picture. I haven't used all the colours Paula suggested, but then an inspiration is just that - and this is what her picture inspired me the create. Hope you like it!

The colours I've used are Regal Rose, Old Olive, Basic Black and Whisper White.

10 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Debbie, I love this! Perfection all the way! The coloring and design are beautiful!

Here's another thing we have in common... I have quite a bit of Asian furniture and decorative items in my formal living room which I inherited from my mother. We were stationed in the Phillipines when I was very small and they traveled to Hong Kong and bought beautiful rosewood furniture, and then my dad went to Thailand and Vietnam during that dratted war and brought back many beautiful things.

xOx Lisa

Emily said...

Debbie, this card is soooo sweet! I think you did a great job capturing the beauty in the photo with your flora and the peaceful calm feelings with the sweet face of that little mouse. I love it!

Stamp and Smile said...

Hope I like it... I "LOVE" it!! :) Such a sweet, calming and "awwwww" card. Love the colors and the balance you put into the layout... your creativity always shines! Fall is in the air for you and that is my favorite season! Enjoy :)

Sandie said...

This is gorgeous Debbie. You have put a lot of work into this one.

Well done.

Luv Sandie

pf said...

Debbie, that is such a cute card. I love the cherry blossoms, the little mouse and the sentiment.

Paula

Leigh said...

Excellent idea to put Mousie in the garden. I love it.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Debbie, this is so cute - Mudpie looks so sweet under the blossoms!

Beautiful card - love this set and you've used it so well again here.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh this works perfectly, love it, him sitting there being shaded by the blossoms!

:) Marcia

Sammi said...

those flower stamps are absolutley beautiful and your colouring is too!!
It does have a serene and relaxed look to the card :)
Sammi
xxx

Ali B said...

Beautiful card Debbie....that little mouse looks sweet and the colours are perfect.