Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Blog Award!

The ultra talented Cheryl Joshua has overwhelmed me with this fabulous blog award - I keep telling people that blogging has sooo many rewards!! I have "met" some absolutely amazing people in cyberland and I can't thank them enough for their generosity of spirit and talent! What a dull day it would be if I didn't know these cyber friends were out there! My ideal would be to host a fabulous event where I could gather all my cyber friends together - oh the laughs we would have, and maybe a glass or 2 of champers!!!

The idea for this award is all about friendship........

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award”

Now to pass it on - but to only 8!!! Aaaaagh - anyone who knows me knows I love a chat - and I've had some lovely "chats" with many of the bloggers I've connected with - and there are soooo many more out there to meet!

Nope can't do it, I can NOT only pick 8!!! I stopped my list at 20 lovely bloggers - and want to put them ALL in - and more!!! The answer - I'm going to pass it on to anyone from my blog list who would like it!! There is just NO WAY I can narrow it down!! I know this is the cheats way out - but I need to spend time packing today so I'm going to cheat!!

I'm going to look forward to catching up on all the blogs when I get back from Canberra on Sunday - I may get a chance to do another post - but probably not! Yay - am off to have lunch and get those swaps finished so I can pack!!!

4 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Debbie, I agree... the best part of blogging is the friends you make along the way from all over the world. It's the most wonderful and amazing thing. I cherish your friendship, and look forward to the day we meet and raise a glass or two (or three)! Make mine a Grey Goose martini straight up with three olives.

Have a wonderful time at convention. I know you will. I loved it when I went years ago. It's really a must-do if you're a demonstrator. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures and see some of your swaps when you get back.

Love you!
Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

CON-GRAT’S on the blog ward... very much deserved as you have such a kind heart, smile and creations! Always taking the time to visit and pop in to say "HI"!

ENJOY the SU! Convention!! With lots of fun ideas, visiting, make'n takes! My last time going was 2000! LOL! Can't wait to see your swap cards... MISS YOU ALREADY! Smiles... :)

Liam said...

Congrats. Enjoy convention and I hope you share your convention swap when you get back would love to see what you did. I wish I was going I would of loved to meet you in person. Maybe next year. talk soon. Have fun.

Liam

Chat Noir said...

This is such a great award Debbie and you deserve it. Blogging is so much more than the challenges and tutorials and adverts... every post attracts a variety of comments and among them there's always something personal and friendly, and so often from the other side of the world.

I get a real boost when someone leaves me a message, and when someone new thinks they'd like to keep in touch just because they like the way you design, or describe, or just chatter. Its a shame the rest of the world doesn't spend more time creating friends instead of finding new ways to undermine them.

Thanks for your friendship (and I hope you have a wonderful time at the Convention).