Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Open House Designs

As promised here are some of the things I put together so the girls who came to my open day had something new to see....


This first one was made using Becky Roberts' Totally Awesome Tote tutorial and the new A Kind Word set. The colours are based around Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink. I was rapt to find pink envelopes, a pink pen and a pink post-it pad all down at my local K-Mart - they finished everything off beautifully. Becky's tutorial is absolutely fabulous - and VERY reasonable - check out her blog Inking Idaho here.




These next 2 cards are made using the fabulous Holiday Line-Up set. These characters are SO much fun to colour and play with. I can see these getting a good inking leading up to Christmas. The idea for putting a spot light on Rudolph card is a CASE from one I saw ages ago - I'd love to give credit if anyone knows who's idea it was!


Another fabulous Christmas set is Snow Swirled - isn't this tree gorgeous. I've used the new In-Colours here - not traditional but I think they work well. The large snowflake in this set is stunning too.


And then there's a new favorite of mine - Upsy Daisy. The funny thing is I don't actually own this set yet - though the order will be in soon! I stamped a few images on our team day and couldn't wait to use them paired with some of the fabulous new DP.


I also LOVE the Crazy for Cupcakes set - and this is what I came up with using the table of cupcakes! I can't wait to get time to play with the rest of the set!


And last but by no means least - the gorgeous Fifth Avenue Floral set - isn't this rose AMAZING!! I have done a whole set of cards based on Andrea Walford's planner - but will be running this as a class after Convention so will show it to you then! Need to tweak the measurements a little as our Aussie A4 CS is a different size. This card is super quick and easy - it was actually an afterthought as I was waiting for the girls to arrive!

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW,WOW,WOW Everything is amazing!!! Love it all,its a shame I don't live near you....I could join in all the fun!
xx

Emily said...

My oh my, you have been busy Debbie! They are going to love everything! Terrific job!

Lisa R said...

I followed the link to the Inking Idaho blog and purchased one of the tutorials. Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to try it out.

Robyn said...

Debbie,
Your tote looks great, I too am going to get the tutorial, so cool.
Thanks for sharing.
Robyn A

Ramona Michaluk said...

Wow, have you been a busy little stamper! Love everything you've done here - your cards are just beautiful and the 3D items you've made are fantastic.

I don't know where you find the time to do all of this - will have to sit down with you one day and get some tips!! Great work Debbie !.

Anonymous said...

your projects for your open house are lovely. I have been babysitting for the weekend and did not get a chance to check you out for the week like I usually do! Awesome work Deb! Also, congrats on making 15,555!!!! % is my favorite nimber ane 1555 is my all time lucky combination so it was nice seeing all those "5";s and the 1! I am so happy for you. You are a talented lady and will do very well! I'll leave a comment on my blog for you too! Enjoy your day! Hugs~Donna

Merry said...

Wow... I love how you have used all these wonderful new stamps. The rose is stunning and I really like that girl on the swing.

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT stuff here, Debbie! I saw your tote & cards posted on Becky's blog ... my jaw dropped! I love your choice of stamped images, colors, and designer papers! Well done!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

These are magic, I love the spotlighting on the Holiday Lineup card!

:) Marcia P

Karen Motz said...

Oh wow Debbie...what FABULOUS eye candy!!! I LOVE all your creations. The tote is spectacular...must pop over to see the tutorial. And thank goodness for your afterthought card...it's STUNNING!!!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

I agree totally with Cheryl they are all awesome an I too wish I lived near you.
hugs
Sue

Liam said...

What beautiful samples. I love the box set. It looks so fab.

Liam

Stamp and Smile said...

PS - I forgot to mention I will post your blog candy on my next post!
WOW, Debbie... Such sweet visual DELIGHT!!! Love all the SU! sets used... such a FANTASTIC job! (Do you sleep at night?) LOL! I adore the spotlight on Rudolph's NOSE!! CUTE... I'll be back! Enjoy your day… we have 59 degrees and sunny this afternoon.

Hugs.. Smiles too! Michelle :)

Philippa Petty said...

Wow Debbie,
Everything is fantastic. I kept scrolling down and finding more great cards. I had to cut fifth ave floral off my first list, but it is definitely going to one to buy next time. love, love, love it all.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Debbie, I finally got a chance to look at this post... what a treat! First, the Tote set is perfection! You'll never guess... okay, maybe you will... but I came "this close" to buying that set for you. It reminded me of you. Luckily a chose another, but are we on the same wavelength, or what? On the spotlighting technique... that's been round and round, so no worries there. I love the Christmas tree card... those colors are unusual, but perfect! And embossing the back panel really sets it off. And, yes, I love the cupcake set, too, and I'm about to do Andrea's class for my Stamp Club next week, which will be the first inking of that lovely set. Can't wait!

Big hugs, oohs and ahhs, from your pal Lisa

Ann said...

WOW!!! Such eye candy--I'm loving your stuff! :D