Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Birthday Card for my Sister

My sister loves this stamp from Stampavie so it was the perfect choice for her birthday card. Her birthday was actually a couple of weeks ago and we've been trying to catch up in person, but sometimes things get in the way. Both Sharon and her son Liam have been unwell and then my work and Liam's schedule got in the way! In the end I popped it in the post!

I used the largest Nestie for the image so I cut another one out in brown to sit behind it - all I did was split it in half and nestle it underneath the main image - I did have to trim off the "points" to make it sit better - but I'm happy with the extra definition it gave the card! I've used Crystal Effects on the owl's eyes, it really makes them come to life! I've also used Dazzling Diamonds on their little tummies and the stars.

Sharon called me today to thank me for the card so I know I can post it now! She guessed I had used the owls - she knows me to well!!!

Luvya Sis!!

xXx

16 comments:

Kristie said...

This is so sweet Debbie...I love those owls :)

Liam said...

It is so cute. Love those owls.

Liam

Leigh said...

Aaaaawwww aren't they sweet?

sandra said...

Those owls are sooooooooo cute!
Great card!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Sam said...

Lovely card Debbie. I love RAM designs. So sweet!

Sam.

Danielle said...

This is fantastic Debbie - I love it! Really love what you did with the back nestie panel - very creative! Wonderful colour combo and that flower adds the final pop to the card! Gorgeous owls!
Hugs, Danielle

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is super cute Debbie, that is one of my fave images. Love the googly eyes!

:) Marcia P

Margaret de Witt said...

Hey Debbie, I don't often leave comments even though I'm always checking to see what you are up to but every so often I can't resist telling you how beautiful your creations are.

I love your card today. The colours are superb as is the image.
Margaret :)

Cheryl said...

So So beautiful Debbie,fabulous colouring!!! I have had this stamp for months and haven't inked it yet.I really need to use it after seeing your card!
xx

Leonie said...

These little guys are gorgeos! No wonder your sister loved it! Congratulations on winning those challenges too, especially Makeesh'a, that card was fantastic!

Christine Blain said...

This is so sweet, Debbie. Love the embossed panel, and the colours (and what's not to love about those little owls?!).

Jean McKenzie said...

I just love those cute little owls, the Nestas layering behind them, the colouring, the flowers - ohh why didnt I just say it all in one word!! GORGEOUS!! I love it to bits!

Ramona Michaluk said...

So Cute ! Just love these two little owls - great card Debbie.
I's sure your sister was really pleased to receive it - it's gorgeous!

Speaking of beautiful birthday cards, thank you so much for the one you sent me for tomorrow - it's truly stunning!! (I'll be thanking you in person but here's a quick thanks.)

Luv,
Ramona xx

Bec said...

I so love these two little owls.. This is a FAB card and love how you made your nestie bigger.. It is a great effect.. Bec xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Absolutely darling! Spot on! Those owls look dimensional.

I've got to get my hands on that Labels set...

xOx Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

Just the sweetest card for a sister!! I LOVE the owls eyes with the Crystal Effects!! I noticed that detail when I first seen your card... You have such a knack for your flowers!! Just enjoy the small details!! Thanks for sharing Debbie... on to see the rest of you card GEMS! :)