Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #10 - Mum's the Word

I am hoping this post magically appears when it's supposed to as I'm heading home from Convention today, this computer stuff still gets to me sometimes - give me paper or fabric any day!!!!

WOW - Week 10!!!! It only seems like yesterday that Kellie sent me an email with the idea of starting her own blog!! I'm soo glad she did and even happier I'm on board!

This week's theme is "Mum's the Word" because next Sunday is Mother's Day here in Australia. What a fantastic time to jump on board and give the Magnolia Down Under Challenge a go - you get to play the challenge AND make your mum a card!!

A few weeks ago I posted a card made from scraps on my desk - THIS is the card I had just finished making! My mum loves strong colours, yet she certainly enjoys soft flowers too - so I think this card will fit be perfect for her - and since I know she can't check my blog out I know it's safe to show you!

Go and check out what the rest of the DT has been up to and then see what you can do!

12 comments:

Stamp and Smile said...

Oh, your Mum will LOVE this cutie of a card you made!! And I enjoy how you notched out the corner of your sentiment... such a FUN accent! The pearls make the card so elegant and sweet... YOU have an enjoyable Mother's Day too! How was convention?... can't wait to get the juicy details! Smiles... Michelle :)

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, love the colours.
Hope you having fun at convention, look forward to hearing all about it.
hugs
Sue

PS I trying to work out how to use the schedular as will need to use it the last couple of weeks of May so can you please tell me how you did it I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks x

Emily said...

This is sooooo darling Debbie! Your' Mum is going to love it! Cute idea to corner punch that sentiment too. Hope you had a great convention!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Debbie, I love the colour combo and the paper is gorgeous. have a great day

Lynda said...

Beautiful and touching card Debbie. I love the richness of the colours, very warm. A Mum would love it.

Sharon said...

Mum will love the card.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Debbie,I love the beautiful bold colours,they are a perfect match!!! Everything is just so pretty!
xx

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Love the colors..Very pretty..
Hugs, Linda

Christine Henderson said...

Beautiful card Debbie. Looking forward to hearing how the weekend went. From reading other blogs it sounds like a heap of fun!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a wonderful card this is! I love the colors... and that cutie image. I like how you notched the edge of the tag... clever! Your mom is sure to love this.

xOx Lisa

Kristine said...

SWEET! Love your colors on here and this is such a versatile (not to mention CUTE!!) stamp!! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day weekend!

Wellnifty said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and papers, so luxurious

Chris x