Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Keesh's Inkspiration Colour Challenge #12

Is it just me or did August just race by???? It only seems like yesterday that Keesh asked me to be her Guest DT for August - and now here's my last post - or it was meant to be before Keesh needed last week off - too much partying on the Incentive Trip methinks - LOL!!! Only joking Keesh - I know how sore your poor foot is!

I do seem to have been chasing my tail a bit lately - but it was SOOO much fun to be a part of Keesh's team - and thanx soo much to Keesh and the regular DT girls , past and present, for welcoming me aboard. If you don't know who they are you have been missing some awesome talent - so here's a link to them all...
Amy
Kirsty
Cindy
Renee
and the lovely Karen, who has retired from the team but is an amazing talent, and a lot of fun!!!

Now onto this week's challenge!!!

There's a funny story to my card - and my sister will have a good laugh when she sees it!!! I was on the phone to my sister (she was on loudspeaker so I could keep working - we chat a LOT - LOL), when I was "playing" with the colours and trying to choose a stamp set to use. WELL - I was having all sorts of problems, the cold I had just wasn't helping my brain function. I wasn't happy with how anything was working out and Sharon was trying to make suggestions sight unseen! In a fit of angst I told her I was done, and maybe I should just put EVERYTHING I had done on the card!! We had a laugh and I decided to walk away from it for a bit. After picking my daughter up from school I popped into my desk and saw all the bits lying together - and thought "why not!" - so I DID use all the bits I was working on and came up with this!!! And I actually quite like it - LOL.

The Stamp sets I've used are Circle Circus, A Kind Word, Embrace Life and Short & Sweet. The DP is from the Windsor Knot series.

Thanx again for all of your kind words and support during my time on Keesh's team!

xXx

20 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Debbie! I think it all looks very fabulous. Great job of the colours.
Cant wait to see you tomorrow, make sure you stick around until I get there :)
Kristy xo

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh Debbie ... how can you make such a mix of sets/images look soooo great??? If I tried this ... mine would look like a dog's breakfast!!! Tricky colours ... but you have done a gorgeous job!!! And ... I had to laugh at the talking on loud speaker ... I am always so frustrated when someone rings me when I am stamping!!! I just don't want to be interrupted!!! So ... I always put on loud speaker too! Hope you had a nice lunch out! xxx

sandra said...

Kiss your sister and daughter because card turned so good!
I love it too!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous card Debbie. You've done a great job.

xx Sarah

Annette Bowes said...

Wow Debbie, gorgeous card, love that colouring and the bow. I have a headset (for the phone) one of my best investments, can carry on regardless, and August did disappear. Take CareX:)

Chantelle said...

Great card Debbie - I love how you've combined a few different sets to make up this card. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Debbie! I love your use of so many different stamp sets.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Debbie! I love your use of so many different stamp sets.

Unknown said...

Debbie, this is a cute card! I love the little girl, the bow, the flower and all the colours you have chosen.
Alicia xx

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

It turned out great, even if you didn't have baloons LOL
I did have a laugh.
Luvya

Cheryl said...

Very beautiful Debbie....lol....I wished it was always that easy,everything looks fantastic together!!!
xx

Renée said...

awww, this is such a sweet card! Love the image and the way you've used the colours! I've loved seeing what you've made!

dolcreations said...

Debbie this is fantastic. Great job on this card!
Christine

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Isn't it just the best when things fall together like that? This is such a great card! I love the stamped background piece... and that image is just as cute as can be! You nailed the color challenge!

I wish we could talk on the phone for hours!

I hope you're feeling better now. Just think, spring is here (for you!).

Hugs and love,
Lisa

Christine Henderson said...

It's beautiful Debbie!

Leonie said...

Another gorgeous creation, why cant my cards "fall together" like that?

AMY FLEMING said...

Hi Debbie, firstly I have so enjoyed working with you over the last month and seeing all your gorgeous creations :)
And this card Is stunning!! love the different DSP and all the stamp sets used!
Take care
Aims

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Well, it all came together nicely. Looks great.

:) Marcia P

Lynda said...

Gotta luv it when genius comes together...don't u Deb?? LOL!!! It's amazing how ideas change. growing up...I wld not even consider putting red and pink together....add to that blue and green etc...but since coming across SU....ideas have certainly changed my notions. Great card!!

Karen said...

Hey there Deb - lovely card as usual! Don't those colours look pretty together! Thanx for the little 'plug' but I really dont feel like too much fun today! lol

Luv Karen
x