Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Simply Betty Stamps - Rio

Since last Tuesday saw the release of the Simply Betty Stamps "My Kids Emo World" range I thought I would introduce you to another of the group. This is Rio - and I have carded her up to fit in with this week's challenge over at The Burtonesque Dolls - Sleepy Hollow - I've had soo much fun with this theme. For my background I used silver encore ink and the tree from SU's  Branch Out set. To get some depth I've double stamped the tree in places too. It looks fabulously shimmery IRL. For the moon I cut a circle out with a punch and used my copic liner pen to fill in some lunar details before adding some shading. Rio's pet bat is popped up on dimensionals and is flying down to meet her! To add to the moonlight shimmer I've used my clear spica pen on the moon and Rio's skirt.

The lace was coloured with a blend of copics to make it match my colour scheme and I used my spiderweb cuttlebug folder for some finishing detail. The sentiment is computer generated.

AND LOOK - no flowers and no designer paper - how long has it been since I did THAT - LOL.

xXx

19 comments:

Carol said...

WOW Debbie, you're super talented Hun!! This card is amazingly stunning! Luv the colours too and these new images look like such fun lol. Lotsa luv xxxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I LOVE LOVE this card Debbie!! Absolutly gorgeous you have rocked Rio.
Kristy xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

GORGEOUS! And I love the tree background! It really works! Such a pretty card!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is fabulous,love that awesome background!!!
xx

Andrea C said...

love everything about this card x

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, Rio is adorable, I love the black and blue combo and all your fabulous details. You handmade DP is wonderful and the textured spider web is the perfect backdrop for Rio. Have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz

LINDA said...

I love it!! this image is so cute, and I love the BG. Fantastic job..
Hugs, Linda

kaylou said...

Hi Debbie
I do love these new images, and you use them so fabulously, your colouring is awesome as always.
hugs Kaylou xoxo

Marlene said...

Ooh black & blue and beautiful!!

Bec said...

oh this is stunning Debbie.. love that colour combo... Bec xx

Stamp and Smile said...

OK, how CUTE is this card!! Great color combo with the black and blue tones and that lace is a WOW!!!!

You could say we are "Batty" over paper crafting... :) (Some more than others!) Ha..

Chat Noir said...

...yes but there IS a collection of ribbon and lace, and some cuttlebugging.... Love the colours and the creepy bits. V-e-r-y spooky!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This all works so well!

:) Marcia

Leonie said...

Wow, this card is fantastic, so Adams family!click click

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors and the moon...

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sensational colours, Debbie! You are the bomb!!! Love the coloured lace! Clever chickie! That image is so irresistable ... but believe it or not ... I AM GOING TO RESIST!!!! Hugs Andrea xxx

Philippa Petty said...

Ok I love this one too. I love the bat and her costume. I so wish we had halloween over hear like America. So cool.

Eulanda said...

This is absolutely freakin' adorable! I LOVE your background and was looking for just such a stamp. Of course now that it's over - lol - but love how you chose to use silver. Beauty!

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic Debbie, love your sparkly tree branches very effective, gorgeous ribbon, love the sentiment, take careX:)