Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Digital Fun With Just INKlined

When I saw THIS card by my fellow Just INKlined DT member Joyce I was fascinated by the technique she had used - it was such a fabulous yet simple idea!

When you receive an image from Just INKlined it comes in 2 formats - jpeg and png. The jpeg is complately opaque but when you hold the mouse over the png image you will see some areas are blue and some areas may be white. IF they are blue that means that part of the image is transparent and can be overlaid on some digital DP and only the lines are visible - see left. GREAT for paper piecing.

In the case of the Big Cottage (available HERE) the background is transparent but the image isn't - so when you overlay it onto a digi DP you will get a coloured background but a white image to colour in - see left. I know Joyce used photoshop to achieve this effect but I'm glad this image was already set up to be used this way as I can't use photoshop at all - LOL.



I printed out my main image on a Bearly Mine Designs DP at a reasonable size as I wanted to use it as a backdrop for one of my Mini World Magnolias. I had already re-sized the DP to fit the front of my card so I wouldn't lose the stitching detail. These Just INKlined images are gorgeous on their own but also great to use this way. Tilda looks like she's setting off for a day of shopping down on High Street. A bit if ribbon and a few flowers was all it needed to finish off.

Hmmmm - think I'm in the mood for some retail therapy myself - or maybe just some window shopping today - LOL

xXx

7 comments:

vicmbee said...

Very cute the cottage looks great and how cute are those mini Mags.. I have that one so thanks for the inspiration :)

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Debbie.
luv
debby

Julia Sáddi said...

Thanks for sharing and encoraging me, ´cause I know nothing of Photoshop!
And... by the way :-) Your card looks amazing!!!
xox Julia Sáddi

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Debbie, great design & thanks for explaining how you did it :)
Tracey
x

Jeni said...

Gorgeous Debbie! That Magnolia image looks right at home there. Beautiful coloring. ~jeni :)

Peta's Blog said...

Wow that cottage is awesome! I love how they have included the blue and Tilda is PERFECT with this, Absolutely love what you have done with this and you have given me awesome ideas for using the mini maggies, Thanks xoxox

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Debbie! I've never really tried this PNG stuff but have always wanted to. Maybe I now might have the courage. LOL Your card is FABULOUS! xxD