Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Little Bit of Fun


A few weeks ago the gals from the Make It Colourful DT had a bit of behind the scenes fun. We challenged ourselves to try out a skintone technique we nick-named "green face". It was based on THIS amazing tutorial by Trev Murphy where he lays a base of green down underneath his skintones. I went part way through the line-up of colours used and then thought he was going too dark for my Tinkerbell so I just used other lighter tones to finish. I wasn't sure how this would turn out so I didn't take a note of the colours - sorry - but why not give it a go yourselve and have some fun with it!

This is the image I coloured up to play along with and over the weekend at Stamp Camp I got a chance to pop her on a card. This Tinkerbell with 'tude was actually a colouring page I found while searching the internet - you can see the lines are a little pixelated from when I enlarged her but I quite like the softer lines. The texture on her wings is "fairy dust" LOL.

We all found the green base added a warmth and depth to the skintones and I have used it a couple of times since. Hope you try it out too...

xXx

19 comments:

Banner Market said...

This is fabulous and amazing! You did a wonderful job coloring, I just LOVE it! Great card! Pls list colors used in your future posts, I really like how you color and Im learning alot from you...thank you for the insperation!
Gina

Monique Leslie The Misfit Crafter said...

This is gorgeous! I will have to try the technique.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous Tink! I also saw and saved this image. It's actually a sketch by Jasmine Becket-Griffith for a line of Tinkerbell figurines she was doing with Disney.
Beautiful card and thanks for the awesome tutorial!!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS....what a beautiful image!!!
xx

Chrissy said...

Hi! Debbie..this is just gorgeous, I love playing with colouring pages. Her skin tone is amazing, and her hair colour is true blond...fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

I love coloring book pages, some great images for free! Tink looks beautiful, will have to look at this green face base, interesting. Love your card.

Hugs
Sue

CraftyC said...

Wow Debbie, this is gorgeous and your colouring is just divine!
Clairexx

Kylie said...

Gorgeous card Deb and so very brave putting a layer of green down first. You have me intrigued so I'm off for a sticky beak! lol

Hugs, xoxo

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card Debbie, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Jane said...

Debbie I must have missed that thread, typical!! The skin tone is fab and doesn't it make those blue eyes of hers pop! TFS ~ Jane

Debbie Dolphin said...

OMG Debbie this is coloured to perfection xxxx I have a secret crush on tinkerbell!!!LOL Just gorgeous.....ermmm.... have you got my address!!!LOL
hugs
Debbie xxx

Lenie Hempen said...

Hoi Debbie

Wat is hij weer leuk gemaakt.
Echt Super leuk.


Gr leny Hempen

Riet said...

What a beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nela said...

Beautiful card!
Hugs Nela

Leonie said...

This one looks familiar, lol! I will have to show my girls, they will just love it :)

Marlene said...

That is sTINKin' adorable! (heehee...pun totally intended!)

Marita said...

Beautiful♥ Love it.

Hugs Marita♫♫

Tasha said...

Wow this is so beautiful, love her wings and her hair, beautiful card
love tasha xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sweet little Tink has a little bit of attitude! Hugs xxaxx