Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Vintage Christmas with Mo



When I saw Mo's Ragged Santa  I thought he would work well with a "vintage" look so I set out colouring him in deep sepia tones. I wanted to keep the Christmas fun though so added in touches of red, green and gold - and of course some festive sparkle! To continue the aged look I used the cracked glass techniques over my image - I love the look this gives and it's well worth the effort. There are plenty of tutorials online to help you with this technique - you can check one out HERE by the fabulous Beate Johns - hope you give it a go sometime! I do wish I'd distressed the edges of my papers to compliment the aged look though - ah well - next time!

Copics used - E51, E50, E49, E29, E27, E25, E23, E11, E00, E000, R59, R46, R20, R14, G28, G24, G21, YR23, Y19, Y11, T4, T2, T0


12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh he is fabulous Debbie, gorgeous card.
luv
debby

Chrissy said...

This card is just fabulous Debbie, and the edges...well, I say that everyday,you'd think I would remember by now.
Santas colouring is gorgeous and love the crackle, thanks for the link, will pop over for a look...awesome card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Emma said...

WOW Debbie, this is a Fantastic card, I LOVE the Vintage Santa, he is just Adorable!

Colinda said...

What a great card, very vintage. Love how you used the bottle cap!!1

Dena said...

What a beautiful vintage card!!! EEEK! I love it Debbie! That Santa is perfectly distressed and the tag is so cute!
Hugs, Dena

Lenie Hempen said...

Wat een prachtig mooi kaartje DEBBIE.
Echt schitterend.


Gr Leny Hempen

Riet said...

Beautiful card Debbie,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kerryn said...

just stunning!! I love that shabby santa!!

Sally said...

Fantastic card. Love the vintage santa and the cracked glass affect.

Kylie said...

Oh my giddy Aunt. This is awesome Deb. Love the aged look and that little bottle cap. Do you know I haven't done the cracked glass technique yet? I believe it's called 'lazy'. lol.

love Charlie xo

Lynda said...

Says everything on a card I personally wanna say to Santa!!! Love the vintage look and the cracked glass is awesome. ooxx

Whimcees said...

Hello!

BEAUTIFUL card! Everything works!

Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane