Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Altering Something in La-La Land


This week in La-La Land we are "altering something". I took a plain white pillar candle and dressed it up with a coloured image, some die-cut snowflakes and ribbon. It's a simple thing to do by stamping your image onto tissue paper and colouring it in before using your heat gun and waxed paper to embed it into the surface of the candle. There's a good tutorial HERE if you want to know more.

I coloured up some tissue paper and used my snowflake dies to cut out the shapes before embedding them into the candle in the same way you do an image. It added a bit of extra fun to the blank spaces on the candle - I even threaded one down the wick for the top of the candle.
I glued on a diamante to the centre of each snowflake and then a few more scattered around straight onto the wax. 



Don't forget to pop over to our BLOG where you can check out inspiration from my amazing teamies and remember La La Land Crafts also have a Facebook Page HERE and La La Lands Facebook Group HERE. We love seeing your amazing creations using La La Land Stamps and Dies too.


Copics Used
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R24, R20, R11
Hair - E50, YR31, E33, E35, E37
Clothes - C6, C4, C2, B18, B14, B12, B00, B000
Mug - E23, C4, C2, C0


4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh this is so cute Debbie - I still have yet to try this technique, but I fear Calamity Jane may live up to her name and end up with a pile of wax!!
Hugs
Jane

caroline said...

That is absolutely stunning. I have done the same sort of thing in the past using pictures off paper napkins and then painting over the whole thing with a glue called chamage, but to use the image and color them how you want is even better. What a great gift
Caroline x

Teresa (Smeared and Creased) said...

This is so beautiful Debbie, something I long to try. What a gorgeous creation! xxx

Sadilla said...

wow... amazing candle!! =)
I discovered your blog by some pictures on pinterest... You are so talented!! =) I?ll follow you with great pleasure! =)
Hugs
Sadia