Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

A Little Colouring for Myself


Last weekend I had a fabulous crafty weekend away with a friend and I spent some time colouring images that I have been buying but don't usually have time to colour. I love trying out new images and I think doing something fresh and different can also help with your creative mojo. 

This gorgeous image is a digi by Ching-Chou Kuik called Meet Dragonfly. I have so many of these images both in rubber and in digi that it's nice to see them get some colour. I did colour up another one of these beauties - she'll be popping up on a card soon.

For this one I coloured up the background with different tones before dropping some alcohol on to blend the colours together. This has to be done before the image is coloured because the alcohol doesn't recognize the boundaries and the ink can bleed into the image. The dragonfly's wings are finished off with clear wink of stella glitter - so subtle but beautiful and sadly hard to photograph.

Copics Used 
Skin - E11, E04, E00, E000, R24, R20, R11
Eyes - C4, G28, YG07, YG01
Hair - E49, E44, E43, E40
Background - YG07, YG01. E42. E40, BG34, BG11
Flowers - B39, B06, B04
Leaves - G28, YG07, YG01
Dragonfly - E49, E44, E43, E41, G28, YG07, YG01, B39, B06, B04, Clear Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful Debbie, glad you had a lovely time away xxx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Debbie! This is stunning! Love your choice of DP and your coloring is gorgeous! I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog too. Have a great day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com