Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Challenge me a Christmas Card - with Michelle Lupton & Friends


My friend Michelle Lupton is running a Christmas card challenge with friends and today I am playing along with her. Our challenge today is "Deck the Halls", you can check out Michelle's card for the challenge HERE.


I chose this gorgeous image from Teddy Bo to use because to me "decking the halls" is all about decorating the house up for Santa's visit, so I felt this image fit the bill. I also added some "boughs of holly"to the top corner as per the line in the Christmas carol. Sadly the Teddy Bo shop has shut down but I love the images I have and will keep playing with them.


Just for a bit of fun I also decided to experiment with my new chibitronics LED light up system to add a "glow" in the fireplace. The large sparklet acts as the switch to light up the LED when it's pressed.

Copics Used
Bear - R20, E49, E44, E43, E41
Clothes - C6, C4, C1, R29, R27, R24, R22, R21 
Carrots - G07, G02, E09, YR09, YR02
Plate of Treats - E18, E13, Y21
Fireplace - G07, T8, T4 , T2, 100, E18, E15, E13
Fire on the Vellum - R59, R29, R27, YR16, YR09, Y9, Y06
Background - E43, E42, E40, B000, B0000
Star Decoration - Gold paint pen, white and red glitter gel pan, 100

4 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

This is just gorgeous, and I love how it lights up! Thank you for playing along with my challenge :)

Michelle W said...

WOW Debbie, your card is absolutely beautiful, I love it!

Creations by Patti said...

This is way too cute! Love the LED light up!!!! Hugs, P

R's Rue said...

Love.