Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Aurora Wings Challenge #63

It's time for another challenge from Aurora Wings and this time it's a favourite of mine because I like to try different techniques or ideas out. It's time for....

Image may contain: text

I've used the gorgeous Fins & Pearls image and you can find her and more in the Aurora Wings Online Store or Etsy Store. I used waterslide paper {as per this tutorial} to pop her onto a glass platter. I've done this technique in the past but always on white china. This time I chose a glass platter with a white swirl pattern - I love how it reminds me of the movement of water - so perfect with this image. The technique leaves the image translucent and I really like how she looks so ethereal on the platter.



PLEASE NOTE - Because of the technique involved I checked with Mitzi to make sure it didn't go against her TOU {Terms of Use} to do this. Luckily since it was for personal use, not commercial, it was fine. But be sure to check with any artist you try this with as not all TOU's are the same.
  
PLEASE RESPECT OUR DIGI ARTISTS

I also used this technique and Mitzi's Reindeer Sprite to create a gift plate to pop some handmade fudge on for Christmas, you can see the difference a white plate makes ...

{apologies for the photo quality!}


NOTE - these plates can be hand washed :)

Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there. 

Copics Used
Skin & Lips - E11, E04, E00, E000, R24, R20, R11, YR16, YR02, YR01, BG15, BG11
Hair - E44, E42, E40
Mermaid's 'Ear' - YR27, YR16, YR09, YR02, YR01
Fish - YR27, YR16, YR09, YR02, YR000
Seaweed - BG18, BG15, BG11
Shells& Decorations - YR27, YR16, YR09, YR02, YR01, YG17, YG13, YG01, YG00, BG18, BG15, BG11

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Debbie! What a gorgeous and creative way to use the fabulous Fins and Pearls image. That glass platter couldn't be more perfect. She's literally floating in the swirling current. The one thing you didn't mention is if you scanned your colored image before printing it on the waterslide paper. Scanning is a bit of a problem for me, but I sure would love to try this technique sometime. Your little Reindeer Sprite plate turned out just darling on the white plate, too. Totally amazing work! xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

What a breathtaking platter, Debbie! It is magnificent! I love your coloring on the Fins and Petals image, and I LOVE how the colored image looks on this glass platter with beautiful white swirls. It's so elegant! I also love the Reindeer Sprite plate! I'm going to have to check out the tutorial and learn to do this myself. You've completely inspired me! Thank you so much for the gorgeous inspiration for our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

Unknown said...

Oh I am totally digging this!!! It’s amazing!!!! I wanna try!!!!!! Gorgeous my friend!!!!

Pssequimages said...

OH MY ==this is just amazing. How beautifully this turned out!