Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Ice Flower by Aurora Wings


With the Winter Olympics on at the moment Mitzi from Aurora Wings was inspired to come up with this stunning skating image called Ice Flower - of course the fact that one of her DT used to skate, as did my daughter, may have helped push her in the right direction ;) . I loved colouring her up - it brought back fond memories of time spent at the ice rink. I hope you like her too

Copics Used
Skin - E11,E04, E00, E000, R20, R11
Hair - E29, E25, YR24, Y21
Costume - B37, B34, B21, V09, V06, V04
Skates -  C4, W7, W3, W2, W00, clear glitter gel pen

2 comments:

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

I wanted to draw a figure skater for so long, and I knew Donna was a skater when she was young and you had a daughter who skated (and we both worked on costumes, too - you on skating costumes and me on ballet costumes!), so I'm glad I finally managed to bring this image to you. What a fantastic coloring with great details on the costume! And I really love the beautiful color palette of your project. The rich plum color with palest of green is exquisite. You really bring such magic to your creations! Love love LOVE~!!! Mitzi xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a gorgeous dramatic color scheme and breathtaking design you've used for this beauty, Debbie! I knew you would be as thrilled as I was when Mitzi finished her up. Wonderful memories, indeed. I'm guessing you'll save this one for your daughter. Love, love, LOVE! xxD